Hi readers! Continuing with my ‘Summer Must Have’ series is a post dedicated to maintaining healthy hair during the summer. I sat down with cosmetologist and personal friend Kathryn DiGioia, who owns DiGioia’s Beauty Studio along with makeup professional and twin sister Katelyn DiGioia, and asked her to share tips on how to keep your tresses and scalp in tip top shape amid your sun, chlorine and salt water filled days.
- Protect your hair against chlorine and salt water damage by wetting hair with cold water and conditioning before swimming (I’ve been loving Nelson J Beverly Hills Argan Oil 7 Moisture Healing Mask)
- Color depositing shampoos help extend and refresh your hair color (Try Tressa Watercolors shampoo)
- Use a UV protection spray for your hair when you’re outside (Try products from It’s a 10)
- If you have thinning hair, make sure you apply SPF to your scalp and/or wear a hat
- Keep up with routine hair trims every 4-6 weeks
- Embrace your natural hair texture and use less heat. (Loose braids are a great alternative to give your hair a stylish and heat free finish-spritz Keratin Complex Texture Spray or Chi Silk Infusion before styling)
- Use gentle shampoos and and nourishing conditioners to help combat frizz (Recommended: Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner)
I hope you enjoyed these tips! Special thanks to Kathryn for answering my questions and be sure to check out DiGioia’s Beauty Studio for more information on their services and take a glance at their work by following them on Instagram.
See you tomorrow for my weekly skin tip!