Hello readers! It’s a lovely day here in sunny California which is always great but I’m feeling under the weather. At the beginning of the year, I always manage to get sick and though I thought I had broken this spell, I’m sadly mistaken. 😦 Anywho, I hope all of you are doing well.
I often get asked what my morning skincare routine so here it is. Since I am often testing and trying new items, the product lines I use vary but the gist of my routine is the same.
1) Cleansing– Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel I used this when I was in school and I really liked it so I pick one up every so often when I go to IDI (Dermalogica Headquarters). It’s a basic, soap free cleansing solution that foams but doesn’t feel harsh.
2) Toning– Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner Again, another product I used in school that I liked, I spritz this toner to wipe away any residue left after cleansing- you’d be surprised by what’s left behind after you cleanse! It’s refreshing, doesn’t sting and has the humectant Sodium PCA.
3) Serum– Renee Rouleau Vitamin C & E Treatment I always make sure to incorporate a vitamin C serum in the morning. It gives your skin antioxidants to fight free-radicals, results in a reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, promotes the formation of collagen and can also reduce pigmentation due to its brightening properties. (For more information on vitamin C, click here.) Paired underneath sunscreen, it gives your skin extra antioxidant protection your skin needs from the sun’s harmful rays, which plays a prominent role in the breakdown of collagen. This serum is one of the more hydrating vitamin C serums I have tried and I love the fact that it incorporates vitamin E, which nourishes the skin and enhances the effects of vitamin C. (For more information on vitamin E, click here). Apply to the face and extend to the neck and chest area.
4) Moisturizer/Sunscreen– Dermalogica Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 50 A staple in any skincare routine is sunscreen! I’ve purchased this product several times because it combines moisturizer and sunscreen in 1- a true time saver. It’s light-weight, works well underneath makeup and is formulated with antioxidant white tea.
5) Eye Cream– Renee Rouleau Total Eye Repair Cream Using an eye cream is a must to hydrate the eye area, especially during the colder months, to minimize the appearance of wrinkles. This one contains hyaluronic acid and firming peptides. It does not irritate my eyes, which some eye creams tend to do, and absorbs quickly into skin leaving it moisturized without a heavy feel. As for the firming effect, my eye area isn’t lax so I did not notice a difference in this aspect.
Disclaimer: The Renee Rouleau products were recommended and given to me by Renee (thank you!), however, ALL reviews are based on my own honest opinions and experiences.
I hope you found this helpful on how I keep my skin healthy and protected! 🙂
Have a great Tuesday,